Good Morning World.
I planned to continue my fairy story tale today but something occurred which after great deliberation I feel I must respond to;
Drum roll, fanfare blaring or as they do here in Tanzania play a recording of a klaxon
I have been nominated for an award. This took me by surprise and leaves me in a quandary as I have never stepped outside my comfort zone regarding what enters these hallowed posts. Hmmm now I have to answer questions posed by others and reveal random information about… ME:
Running to the hills on ancient legs that cannot possibly keep this up, oh the nearest hill is Mt Kilimanjaro, turning tail and loping home
Seriously I am really chuffed, honoured and a bit gob smacked that anyone would consider my witterings worthy. However, I am going to make this my first and last acceptance of such an award for the foreseeable future:
Ha no one will ever know how well I protected myself against the probability that I will never getting nominated again!
I fully endorse these awards and I, like my nominator, value the pay back or as he calls it paying it forward part of such awards, but I am currently on a mission (FBI, CIA and MI6 endorsed) and I need to focus fully on that mission.
The Liebster Award has German origins. The word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend.
Hmmm Where do I fit in?
So without further ado and in reverse order because I like to be different I sincerely thank Inspiring Max, for the nomination and let the fun begin:
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I wish this was a fact or fiction section
- I think I have big feet
- I have held delusions of being a secret agent working for the government for many years – true, ask my son
- I am 5’7 ½” and proud to still talk in feet and inches
- I own a helicopter in which I regularly rise above myself and my situation in order to look down and get an objective view of problems
- I love my son, his wife – my daughter and my three grandchildren very very much
- I regularly live in a fantasy world
- I played the violin for six years
- My debut novel would make the most awesome film ever with Omar Sharif and Chris Hemsworth as the lead characters
- I lost a ton of weight by learning how to eat
- My favourite quote of all time is: “Better memories than most people have lives.” – Dennis Sainsbury 2007
Despite my frivolous answer to number one, these are all true, I promise.
ELEVEN BLOGS I NOMINATE FOR THE AWARD
Nominated for many reasons. Visit them each and guess why, answers on a postcard please.
ELEVEN QUESTIONS POSED FOR ME BY Inspiring Max,
- Which brand and flavour potato chips do you prefer? – Salt and vinegar are there any other?
- What is the strangest thing you have ever done? – What ever? Not just this week? Hmmm – Run around a packed dining hall wearing a cape (well sheet actually) emblazoned with SUPERGILL whilst my Tanzanian colleagues ate their dinner and looked at me as if I was mad! So many to choose from!
- What is your favourite flower? – Definitely not roses after working for 56 hours straight prepping them Valentines Day. Alstromeiria AKA Peruvian Lily, strong, beautiful, versatile, long-lasting and value for money
- What part of Australia would you like to visit? – What part wouldn’t I like to visit would be easier. Hmmm Hamilton Island for the wonderful memories and Come in Number One golf carts
- What is your preferred way to spend the afternoon—blogging excluded? – Based on today, a Sunday – an hour in the Writer’s World / an hour in the sun / an hour in the Writer’s World Etc
- What is the weirdest fact you know?– That’s easy. An elephant is only mammal with four knees
- If you could have any job in the world for a week, what would you choose? – The absolute top of the decision-making and funds allocations department within UNICEF
- What is the best advice your mother ever told you? – Oh wow, the best, the funniest, my favourite? Hmmm The Best – A lady can never be overdressed, others are often underdressed
- What wish would you ask a gene for? – Gene or genie, LOL! The gene guru granted my wish already with my son. But genie, that’s tough. In reality to win the lottery, anyone with a big payout ‘cos I could spend as many millions as you can ever give me sooooo easily, there is so much need fixing in the world (my private and global) and one major lottery winner could do so much. Bring it on Genie
- What two words best describe you? Oh come on unfair! Right now in my life – Happy and Homeless (if you know me you’ll understand, if not maybe transient is more accurate)
- What animal scares you the most? The Baboon Spider in a soon to be published book – Just For Fun by a very good friend Carla
ELEVEN QUESTIONS I POSE FOR MY NOMINEES
- How are you now at this precise moment?
- Where in the world would you choose to live, given the opportunity and with a job/livelihood being a given?
- If you were asked to save the world where would you start?
- Which book would you like to be the lead character in?
- When all alone and feeling happy do you dance or sing along to music, or both?
- Do you believe in fairy tales?
- If you could eliminate one thing from the world overnight what would it be?
- At what age do you think your life really began in a meaningful way?
- If you could be a Superhero/heroine for a day which would you be?
- Which four people would you invite to join you and your immediate family on a remote island holiday in the tropics?
- What defines happiness for you now?
OK, that’s the jist of it and if my faithful followers are still reading thus far, I thank you and promise the Fairy Tale will continue very shortly. The only other thing is the technical bit IE: The Rules Of Play (one of which I may have broken).
Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog. Like this Heartfelt thanks Inspiring Max,
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Have fun folks and happy blogging.