Wow, what a difference a few years makes.
I am still a fifty-something grandmother. That hasn’t changed since my first venture in the blogging world!
I no longer live on the Costa del Sol and am enjoying a period of “No Fixed Abode”. Home for me right now is rented accommodation in Moshi, base of Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania East Africa. For how long? Who knows but for the next year for sure.
The most important things in my life right now, in no particular order:
- Me and creating a fulfilling and happy next chapter in the book of my life
- Paul, Maddie, Stephany Jade, Skylar and Damien Sainsbury – Son, Daughter in Law and Grandkids
- The everlasting memories and love of my “before life,” married to my soul mate, lover and best friend Den
- My writing
- The true friends I have now and those I still have to meet
- Making a difference to the lives of some of the wonderful kids at the Amani Centre for Street Children
THE PURPOSE OF MY BLOG
To create a permanent window into my soul so that I will never forget, nor become too wrapped up in the current moment, to remember how my life was at the start of my long and winding journey on the road to be published.
To always have a personal account of the real person behind the successful author I will become.
To allow me space for live therapy as and when real life gets grim, tough or too emotionally charged.
To spread the word and increase awareness of the plight of vulnerable children all over the world. My current work in Tanzania is needed in just about every city in every country. We must wake up to this and make demands of our leaders and those in power to start to really make a difference. Not just throw money at statistics in order to tick boxes on some international agenda but get down and dirty and seek out ways to make a real difference by properly directing that funding to be sure 100% of every single penny or cent goes where it matters.
As per my original 2011 About Me – my intention is to be light hearted, frivolous, factual and serious all in the same breath.
Tough order methinks, but I can and will try to live up to my expectations.
Be good and be happy my friends.
Gill – Part Two xxx